Do you want nice curled eyelashes every day? But are you intimidated by seeing a lash curler?
Yes! A lash curler can look scary and you might be afraid of snapping your lash hairs or eyes. But don’t worry!
You CAN curl your lashes even without a curler. You are wondering how right?
Read till the end to find out! We have given you six ways in which you can curl your natural lashes without the fear of an eyelash curler.
Why You Should Curl Your Lashes
For good-looking eyes, of course! Who doesn’t like to have eyes that look attractive?
Lashes that are curled and pointed upwards give a lift to your lashes making them look longer and more beautiful. This gives an illusion of bigger and brighter eyes.
Using an eyelash curler can give you perfectly lifted and curled lashes but getting a grasp of how to use one is a little tricky. You might end up damaging your lashes if you don’t do it properly or if you have weak lashes.
And looking at videos of people using an eyelash curler it seems like it looks painful too, right? It can intimidate you and make you afraid.
So why use something with fear when you have some simple tricks that can help you curl your lashes even without an eyelash curler?
6 Ways To Curl Lashes Without Eyelash Curler
Let’s look at a detailed step-by-step guide on how to curl lashes without a curler using different methods.
1. With Your Finger
- Warm your hands by rubbing both of your palms or by running hot water over your hands.
- Wet your hands with warm water and push your eyelashes up using your pointer finger against the top of your eye.
- Hold in this position for at least thirty seconds.
- Repeat the same for your lower lashes and both eyes.
- Use two coats of mascara to make the curl stand.
2. With A Spoolie Brush/ Mascara Wand
- Using a spoolie brush or your mascara wand, curl and twist your lashes upwards.
- Hold it there against your eyelid for about 30 seconds.
- Curl it in the inner and outer corners to get an even look.
- After doing it with a dry spoolie brush, apply mascara.
- If you prefer not to use mascara then dip your spoolie brush in castor oil. Castor oil not only holds the curled lashes in place but also promotes lash growth.
3. With A Cotton Swab
- You will need two cotton swabs- one for support in the back and one for pushing in the front.
- Place a cotton swab in the back close to the lashes and with the other one in the front start pushing your lashes against the cotton swab in the back.
- Hold it there in place for at least 30 seconds.
- Make sure you go all the way from the outer corners to the inner corners.
4. With A Spoon
- Grab a regular, clean tea-spoon-sized spoon. Make sure the curve of the spoon matches the size of your eyes.
- Hold the spoon in a horizontal way against your eyelids, with the concave side facing inwards on the eyelid. Make sure you align the edge of the spoon along the upper lash line.
- Now press your lashes against the curved edge of the spoon using your fingers and hold it there for 10-15 seconds before you release it.
5. With A Toothbrush
- Run a clean toothbrush under hot water, then dry it lightly by pressing it into a clean towel.
- Brush through your lashes starting at the base of the lid, and holding at the tips to create the curl.
- Make sure you don’t make the toothbrush too hot to burn your eyes. Be careful not to use boiling hot water.
6. Using Aloe Vera Gel
- Take a small amount of aloe vera gel on your middle finger. Using your thumb and finger, warm up the gel by rubbing between the two fingers.
- Hold your thumb under the lashes and slightly close your eyes over the thumb. Apply the gel on your lashes horizontally.
- Push your lashes upwards against your eyelid. Hold for thirty seconds and then release.
- Make sure your hands are clean before you use your fingers to curl your lashes.
- Don’t use too much heat on the toothbrush to avoid damage to the lashes.
- Don’t heat the spoon for that method as it can burn your eyes.
- Your lashes are so delicate and fragile, so don’t manipulate your lashes too much to curl them as they can damage your lashes.
So don’t worry if the thought of using an eyelash curler freaks you out! You can try these methods to curl your lashes and get a better look.
So go ahead and try these methods to make your eyelashes look lifted and curled beautifully!