Girls with blue eyes, have we got a treat for you! Eye makeup can be tricky, but if you have blue eyes there are a few looks you can use to really show them off. Whether you’re going out for the night or just looking to freshen up your everyday style, here’s how to make your blue eyes pop.
We’ve gone ahead and scoured the internet to find the best eye makeup looks for blue eyes that are perfect for any occasion. From glittery smoky eyes to natural glam, these makeup tips will help you make sure your eyes are always looking their best. So get ready—we’ll show you how to bring out the star of your face in just a few steps.
Prepping the Base for Eye Makeup
Eye makeup is a great way to enhance your beautiful blue eyes. But before you get started, it’s important to pre-plan and prep your eye makeup look, from base to finish.
To start with, use an eyeshadow primer over your lid and up to your brow bone. This will help keep the colors vibrant and prevent creasing throughout the day. Next, select a light neutral shade for the eyelid. This will act as a base for your chosen eye color and can also help even out any discoloration in the skin.
Once you have those two steps out of the way, you are ready to move on to selecting colors. Depending on what look you are going for, you can go bold with bright blues or subtle with smoky grays which will all show off your blue eyes nicely. Just remember that if you choose brighter shades, they should be toned down at the corners of your eyes so as not to overwhelm them!
Best Colors for Blue Eyes
If you’ve got blue eyes, you should consider yourself lucky—blue eyes look good with almost any color scheme! As far as eye makeup colors specifically, you’re golden. in fact, there are several complementary shades that bring out the best of your blue peepers.
To create a stunning look that will be sure to wow, here are some of the best colors for blue eyes:
- Browns and coppers: Whether it’s a light dusting of champagne or a deep espresso hue, this warm color palette emphasizes the flecks of gold that can be found in many shades of blue.
- Rose golds: This pink-tinged combination brings out soft lavender hues and hints of seafoam green in your blue eyes.
- Sky blues: This is a classic choice for those with light to medium-toned blue eyes. Enhance the natural beauty of your blues by applying navy and teal hues along your lash line for a subtle—yet beautiful—effect.
- Silvers: Add drama to dark blue eyes with this sultry shade! Try applying silver shadow at the inner corners of your lids and winging it up at an angle past your crease.
Remember — above all else, have fun! Experimenting with different hues is a great way to find what works best for you and make sure you always look good enough to wow!
Neutral Tones for Everyday Wear
Neutral tones are always a good go-to for everyday wear. That’s why we’ve rounded up some of the Best Eye Makeup Looks for Blue Eyes!
Neutral colors work wonderfully to make blue eyes pop. Just a hint of color can create an intense eye-catching look that won’t overpower your natural beauty. Plus, neutral colors will help to make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
Get Ready to Wow
If you want to add a bit of glam without going overboard, here are three looks you can easily master with just the right tools:
- Shimmery Nudes: Start with a light primer and then add shimmery nude colors on top. Use your finger or a brush to blend the colors together and then add a bit of black liner and mascara for extra definition.
- Matte Neutrals: To get this classic look, use matte shades like taupe or brown as your base colors and then blend in darker neutral colors like navy or charcoal around the outer corners of your eyes for added depth. Finish off the look with black eyeliner and mascara or volumizing fibers for an extra dramatic effect.
- Smokey Metallics: Smokey metallic eyeshadow is perfect for a night out on the town! Start by laying down some base shadow in taupe or gray before adding metallic silver, copper, or rose gold shadows on top – blend it all together with an angled shadow brush before adding black liner and mascara to finish off the look.
How to Pull Off a Statement Look
If you’re in the mood to really turn some heads, then you need to go for a statement look. The trick here is to make sure that your eyes stand out, without being too overpowering. To do this, you’ll want to pick just two shades for your eyelids and then blend them together.
A classic statement looks for blue eyes is to pair a deep navy or royal blue hue with a shimmery gold shade. This contrast creates a stunning effect that will be sure to draw attention. All you have to do is apply the navy on the inner corners of your top and bottom lids, and then add the gold over the entire lid. Make sure to blend it all together with a brush or sponge. You can also add some black mascara or false lashes for dramatic flair.
When it comes to statement looks, if you go bold on your eyelids, skip the eyeshadow altogether and opt for just some blush, bronzer, and a nude lip color instead. That way, your eyes are still the star of the show!
Winged Liner for a Flirty Look
Winged liner is perfect for a flirty look. And it’s surprisingly easy to do! All you need is a good liquid eyeliner, a steady hand, and some practice. Start with your eye makeup primer to make sure your face makeup stays all day.
Then, start with the winged liner. You can use your favorite liquid liner — black or brown are the classic choices, but you can go bolder with blue or purple if you’re feeling adventurous!
Create a small line from the inner corner of the eye outwards, and then work up the flick when you reach the end of your lash line. If you have trouble getting an even line from one corner to another, take your time and draw dots starting from one corner until you meet around the eye. Finally, fill in any gaps until you’re happy with your look!
Finishing Touches for Glamorous Elegance
If you’re looking for a glamorous eye makeup look that will leave a lasting impression, don’t forget about the finishing touches! Here are a few ideas to help you get the look of your dreams.
Choose a mascara that will give you long and luscious lashes, and don’t be afraid to go for a glamorous, bold look if that is your preference. Try out different formulas to find one that won’t clump or flake and looks amazing with your blue eyes.
Eyeliner can be used in so many ways—it’s great for creating subtle definition or an intense, smoky finish. Whether you choose a pencil, gel, or liquid liner is up to you—just make sure it complements your blue eyes perfectly.
Highlight the inner corners of your eyes with a light shimmery shade to make them look even brighter. You can also use it as an all-over eyelid color for an extra pop of brightness. Don’t forget to blend!
Adding these finishing touches to your eye makeup routine won’t just give you better-looking makeup—it will also help make sure it lasts longer. And with these tips in mind, you’ll be ready to wow everyone with your glamourous blue-eyed looks!
Additional Tips and Tricks – Eye Makeup Looks for Blue Eye
Enhancing blue eyes with makeup is all about finding the right techniques, colors, and finishes that complement your unique eye color and skin tone. Here are some additional tips and tricks for achieving a stunning eye makeup look:
- Brighten up your eyes with white eyeliner: Applying white eyeliner to your waterline can help make your eyes appear brighter and more awake.
- Blend, blend, blend: Blending your eyeshadows together seamlessly can make a huge difference in the overall look of your eye makeup. Use a clean brush or a blending brush to blend out any harsh lines and create a more natural, effortless look.
- Experiment with different colors and finishes: Don’t be afraid to try out different eyeshadow colors and finishes to find what works best for you. Some great shades that work well for blue eyes include warm browns, golds, and coppers. Consider trying out different finishes like matte, metallic, and shimmer to add dimension to your eye makeup.
- Consider your skin tone: The right makeup look for blue eyes also depends on your skin tone. If you have fair skin, consider using lighter shades of eyeshadow, while darker skin tones can pull off bolder.
Remember, when it comes to eye makeup, there is no one-size-fits-all look. Everyone has a different eye shape, and what works for someone else may not work for you. The trick is to experiment and find what works for you.
The Best Eye Makeup Looks for Blue Eyes are the ones that make you feel most beautiful and confident. Don’t be afraid to try something new and be creative with your makeup looks. When you find what works for you, it can be a great way to enhance your natural beauty and show off your blue eyes.